Thursday, March 10, 2011

misplaced my confidence

First of all...I have comments! There are real people out there! Thank you so much to http://ladylapband.blogspot.com/ for the shout out! I find it comforting to know that I am not alone in my emotions and I hope to one day be able to offer people a place to read hopeful things as all of you have offered me.


In my continued reading of all of the WLS blogs I found something that stopped me in my tracks. (I wrote it down when I read it and i am so sorry I can not give the blogger who posted this credit...)


you can't continue the same behavior and expect a different result
There it is.
Even with a tool like the lapband I need to accept that my behavior need to be different. I would like to think that with a step as serious as a surgical intervention I will be motivated to change my behavior- for good. I wish I felt more confident. I used to be more confident in general. I think after some time this yo-yo cycle has taken a real toll on my ability to see myself as a success.

Experienced banders- this one is for you: When did you begin to feel confident in your ability to succeed at weight loss with the band. Were you apprehensive in the beginning?

1 comment:

  1. I was ABSOLUTELY nervous about it and sometimes I still am. But the difference now is that I'm out a year, 85 pounds down and I'm doing it. Every time I start to get a little down on myself, I remember that and can move forward.

    You DO have to change things, but this makes those changes doable. At least that is how I look at it. Just keep at it and you will get there!!

    ReplyDelete